Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default House reno pics, soffit detail question. (w/pics)

"Patriarch" wrote in message

I like the crown, but the dark emphasis draws more attention to the joint
than I like. Painted, in similar colors, but a different gloss value,
might work.

I agree that it is "elegant" with a tall, two piece, white, crown molding
crowning the an off white furdown ... actually an inexpensive way to get a
layer cake look in a formal dining area, but can be a bit gaudy for my
tastes.

That said, the stain crown I posted is missing the visual impact of the
stained baseboard/shoe molding, and the stained beam covering ... IOW, the
eye has to take in the entire concept in a blink when walking into the room
to get the pleasing effect.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07