Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Update on the Containerized shop

On Sep 11, 2:37 pm, Rich Grise wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:47:15 -0700, Brent wrote:

Should i replace the numbers and identifiers? it said NICU 87214 as an
ID and i think that might be significant enough to return to the box
possibly?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if they're on escutcheons,
I'd just mask around them. If they're only painted on, I'd keep a
record, but whether you paint them in new paint would be a matter
of taste.

Electrical will hopefully get resolved this week

I'm planning on running 100A of 240V 1Ph to it and i'm tryig to figure
out whether thats best done with four Camlock Connectors or with a pin
in sleeve connector and finding 4 conductor 4 gauge cable

How about an RV plug/receptacle? Or is that what you just said? ;-)

my only OTHER concern was insulation and so far i think my best option
is to frame the inside with 2x2's and insulate with the pink styrofoam
stuff then drywall over that with the best fire resistant drywall i
can afford.

I saw some stuff on Bob Vila recently where they're building houses out
of old containers, and they sprayed something called "SuperTherm":http://www.supertherm.us/supertherm_home.htm
Which allagedly gets something like R-20 in a 50 mil coating or some
such.

Good Luck!
Rich

Hey rich yeah i did see that stuff and i even investigated. its quite
expensive and needs to be applied with an airless sprayer and for the
overall cost involved i felt a lot more comortable going with a proven
product or seeing a demonstration. the Canadian dealer is in BC and
the nearest "certified installer" is 1000 miles away.

Far too many variables in my mind especially compared to an HVLP spray
gun and plain old white "rust paint"

it might not be a hotrod grade paintjob but its a 37 year old shipping
container what more can you expect.

And worse comes to worse i WILL make some gains due to having chosen
white and t lesser light absorption