Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

He had been working on the roof of his house (almost 2 blocks away from
where I found him) and he had tied the rope from his car up over the front
of the roof of his house to his waist to keep from falling off his back roof
, but he hadn't bothered to take his wife's car keys away from her. She
decided to go shopping and went out, got in the car, and drove off. As she
drove away the rope pulled him up over the peak of his house at such
velocity that he didn't land until he reached some very large bushes near
the end of his driveway. She then dragged him out through the bushes and
down the street for almost 2 blocks before noticing that he was behind her.
(Yes, she was a blonde...if that counts.) As best as we could tell he had 1
broken leg and 1 broken arm, 3 or 4 broken ribs, a concussion, and some very
severe road rash over his back, one side of his face, both legs and both
arms. I heard later that he spent 2 days in the hospital, but I never heard
any more about him.

In my opinion it was his own fault for not telling his wife where he was
working and for not taking her car keys away from her, but at the time of
his accident he was very upset with her and blaming her for all of it. I
have often wondered if they are still married.

Let this be a lesson to all of you - If you have to use a rope to do your
high maintenance repairs, make sure you tie it to something that isn't going
to drive away.

Blimey!, you couldn't make that up!......

--
Tony Sayer