Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Productivity - Norway leads the table.

Joerg wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

I come up for renewal soon. I think I'm going to give them a large
public dump ;-)

Every year I am thinking about that, too, same with VDE. But then I try
another round. The library is a huge sore spot with IEEE. Luckily much
is available outside. It just takes a little longer. Then again 5 mins
on Google are a better investment than spending $30+ on a paper where
you don't even know whether it'll be useful because they only give you
the abstract to look at. Plus I usually find something interesting while
searching, often more valuable than the text I had been looking for.

I dumped IEEE more than a decade ago... and it was over pretty much the
same issue. I found it was easier, and cheaper to head off to a university
library, and peruse the stacks. I miss some of the journals that used to
head my way, but I sure don't miss the cost of getting IEEE Rectum, and
membership to the half-dozen societies that interested me.

-Chuck