Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Productivity

John Larkin wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:45:46 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:02:26 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

It's the same with coffee. Our coffee in the morning is made right here
and costs less than $1. Enough for two coffee drinkers. Can be had here
in the office or poured into a thermos for the road. Others drive by a
coffee place every morning and then it's $3-$4 for a latte. Each. Do
that 20 times a month for two people and, voila, the next $140 out the
window. Poof. Gone.

But my morning latte greatly increases my electronic design
productivity, and the brisk walk to Delessio is healthy and
refreshing, so it's well worth it.

That's ok if you walk and they make a product you can't easily make by
yourself. However, most people out here buy regular coffee at the
drive-through.

I noticed that on my last trip back East. Long lines of idling cars
and trucks at the Dunkin Donuts takeout window, even in great weather.
It was a lot faster to park (lots of empty spaces) and walk in, plus
you got to see the selections of goodies, and tune your coffee just
right, and sit at a table and enjoy the view (of long lines of idling
cars and trucks.)

Same in New York. Except that coffee is called "cuophy" out there.

The Boston Creme donut is especially good. DD whups Krispy Kreme hands
down.

I don't like either. Too much sugar. AFAICT Krispy ain't doing too well
right now.

Mo has finally finished her workout, and showered, and fed the various
beasts, so we're off to Delessio now. Latte and bread pudding for
breakfast, maybe.

I prefer the hearty kind of the All American breakfast. Eggs, bacon,
sausages, potatoes, grits. No syrup though, kicked that habit more than
a decade ago. Might have to camp in a hotel at a client for a while
soon, I hope I am able to moderate such cholesterol intake.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com