Posted to alt.support.asthma,misc.consumers.house
charlie charlie is offline

Default Vacuuming HEPA filter

"Dubious Dude" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Dubious Dude" wrote in message

As a gift, I received a circular Honeywell air purifier, model
50100. It has a "Lifetime HEPA Permanent Filter" which one is
suppose to vacuum. I'm trying to make sense of this logic. When
you vacuum the HEPA filter, you're pulling the fine particles away
from the filter and spewing it everywhere via the vacuum cleaner.
I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but it just isn't all that
obvious right now. Insights are appreciated.

Do it outside?

Yes, that option occurred to me. I'm trying to avoid it, since I live
in a highrise (no balcony). Also, many appliances warn users not to
use them outside. I've never known why, but of the prevalence of the
warning, it is likely to be well-founded.

because some people would (read: probably have done so, and sued) use the
appliances in the rain.