Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Way OT Shotgun question

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:28:20 -0700, Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:10:05 -0700, "Carl McIver"
wrote:

I just bought a Mossberg HS410 for my family (my youngest kid is 12, so
I wanted a smaller gun) and was looking for a folding stock that is
adjustable in length. There's a few for Mossberg bigger gages, but I
haven't been able to find one for this one. Is anyone aware of one that I
haven't found, or one that can be made to fit? There's a good bit of
difference in the sizes of the folks in my family, from 5'3" to 6'1", so a
comfortable stock will help a lot at the range.

Carl..you should have bought a 20 ga. It kicks Less than a 410 on
average. Felt recoil is less..and it packs a **** load more shot.

Gunner

OK. The only guns that I've shot are ones that I made, and they involved
"gun powder" that I made from match heads -- so I'm no expert.

If a 20 gauge has less recoil and more shot than a 410, doesn't that mean
that the muzzle velocity, and hence range, is much lower? My brain is
coming up with some lame physicists humor here where you pull the trigger
and lead slowly barfs out of the muzzle over 10 seconds or so...

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com