Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Update on the Containerized shop

On Sep 11, 6:07 am, Nick Mueller wrote:
Brent wrote:
my only OTHER concern was insulation and so far i think my best option
is to frame the inside with 2x2's and insulate with the pink styrofoam
stuff then drywall over that with the best fire resistant drywall i
can afford.

You will discover that the water is condensing on the metal and thus
*inside* of your container. You'll have rust and humidity *inside*. Isolate
it on the outside and care for good ventilation between the isolation and
the metal.

Maybe you can have a look at containers that are rent for temporary offices
(at construction sites) and see how they did it.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Nick, I visited a company that does the conversions and they seem to
have done a 2 inch inner wall of unspecified material and then
chipboard as an exterior cover. Chipboard being glued wood flakes was
not suitable in a shop where welding and sparks would be present. but
for the most part here they do not use many ISO continers as offices
they use little trailers that are constructed in a similar wat to RV's
and motorhomes