Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bob_1fs@yahoo.com is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

A couple come to mind. Years ago Briggs and Stratton had a wind up
starter for rotary lawn mowers. You opened the handle, wound the
spring, and flipped the handle closed to trip it. Someone picked up a
lawnmower with the spring wound up and held the mower to his chest.
When the handle was pushed, the spring was released spinning the blade
removing his fingers.

Toro had something similar.

Screw type log splitters. These were attached to the rear wheel of
your truck. A customer was telling my dad about one of these screwing
into his leg...

Junior High school, Woodshop. We were all in a distant circle as the
teacher was explaning the dangers of the table saw. He takes a small
piece of wood and drops it onto the spinning blade. It breaks in
half, hits me in the head and another kid in the neck. "See, I told
you it was dangerous!" he said. Steve Relich was his name. Nickname
was "Vise" If you could beat him at checkers you got 10 points. This
was in Mentor OH in the early 70's

Bob