Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default Parkside Cordless

On Sep 11, 1:36 pm, Richard Perkin wrote:
I generally subscribe to the adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' but on this
occasion went for 'buy cheap, see how much I use it' - and I used it
a lot and it just went on and on and on ... until the batteries began
to fail to hold charge.

Hi,

If you're OK taking the pack apart, google for 'nicad dendrites',
sometimes it's possible to 'zap' the nicads so they hold charge.

Otherwise I'd look for an identical pack on Ebay, sometimes they're
the same across a few brands.

Even if another pack has a different body, with a bit of luck the
cells will be in the same format and can be swapped over with a little
soldering.

To get the best pack life, always recharge them as soon as they begin
to fade.

cheers,
Pete.