Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default Paint Pads

Andy Hall wrote:

So how are these used? I bought a set of Harris ones complete with a
tray for a painting job onto sealed plasterboard. I've never used them
before.

Is the action to dab with them, wipe, dab and wipe or is there Deeper
Magic?

The way I do it is as follows. Dip the face of the pad into paint, then
lightly squeeze out the excess on the ridged part of the tray, leaving
plenty of paint on the pad, but not so much that it's dripping off.

Now apply the loaded pad to the wall, smearing the paint on over a 2-4
square foot area. Once you have all the paint off the pad and on the
wall, go over the area again to even up the coat.

Anything special for the edges or other tips of note?

Can't think of any off hand. I'm a big fan of (good quality) masking
tape; makes things a lot quicker.

By the way, the Harris ones are the ones I use. I must have used dozens
of sets so far.

--
Grunff