Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Parkside Cordless

Richard Perkin wrote:

the cost of replacement batteries, but I've not got a round tuit. I'm
loath to throw the drill away as (despite what some may believe) it's
actually pretty good (proper gearbox, Rohm keyless chuck) but
certainly recelling the batteries is not ecomomic and indeed buying
new batteries may well not be economic...

Sometimes it can be worth recelling the packs even if it does cost more
than a new drill, since you will often get a significant improvement in
performance with them compared to a new set of OEM batteries.

So if the rest of the drill is not bad, and the battery charger is good
enough to not kill the batteries, you end up with something that is
better than a new one.

--
Cheers,

John.