Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Perkin Richard Perkin is offline

Default Parkside Cordless

Arthur 51 wrote in
ups.com:

I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Coincidentally I'm in a similar position, but I've just bought the
Makita 18V combi + 3 batteries currently on offer from Screwfix...

The Lidl 'Parkside' brand tools (and other Lidl own-brand products)
are sourced from China (presumably) by Kompernass
Handelsgesellschaft. I'm not sure whether the company is just a
supplier to Lidl, or a subsidiary. Find their website he
http://www.kompernass.com

UK service is provided by a firm in Bilston - find the contact
details via the Kompernass site. I keep meaning to contact them about
the cost of replacement batteries, but I've not got a round tuit. I'm
loath to throw the drill away as (despite what some may believe) it's
actually pretty good (proper gearbox, Rohm keyless chuck) but
certainly recelling the batteries is not ecomomic and indeed buying
new batteries may well not be economic...

As it is, I've had over 4 years of sterling use out of it and I'm
just getting to the end of the second house renovation project it's
been used on. I'm just about to start on a third, hence I can afford
a Makita

I generally subscribe to the adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' but on this
occasion went for 'buy cheap, see how much I use it' - and I used it
a lot and it just went on and on and on ... until the batteries began
to fail to hold charge. It has certainly repaid the purchase price.

Hope this helps

--
Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.