Posted to uk.d-i-y
DM DM is offline

Default Cutting holes in acrylic bath

Steve wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:44:14 +0100, LaserMark wrote:

Hi

I have to cut tap holes in a new acrylic bath and I'm wondering what
the best tool would be. I was planning to use a holesaw but I'm
worried about the acrylic cracking/splitting or generally getting
chewed up. Are acrylic baths easy to cut?

I did it a few months ago, just used a bog standard hole drill from one of
those packs of 300 drill bit type things, I drilled a pilot hole first to
get the distance exact.

Your best bet it to practice loads of times on the old bath, its much
easier drilling your brand new bath when you have just done 20 holes in the
old one.

Steve

-Just make sure you don't knacker your hole saw doing all those practice
cuts :-)

It's not that hard just carefully measure up and go for it.