Posted to alt.support.asthma,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac,alt.med.allergy
Dubious Dude Dubious Dude is offline

Default Vacuuming HEPA filter

mcs wrote:
it makes no sense at all. the filter gets dirty,, you vacumming it will
never get the vast majority of dirt that will infiltrate it. Its a ploy and
its a horrible ploy too. They should be sued

Well, I could always just switch to another make if I don't figure out a good
solution.

It is possible that they intend only to remove the "large" particles from the
surface of the deeply pleated filter -- those not caught by the prefilter. Some
of the fine particles for which the HEPA filter is meant may also be drawn away,
but that may not be the main purpose.

"Dubious Dude" wrote in message
As a gift, I received a circular Honeywell air purifier, model 50100. It
has a
"Lifetime HEPA Permanent Filter" which one is suppose to vacuum. I'm
trying to
make sense of this logic. When you vacuum the HEPA filter, you're pulling
the
fine particles away from the filter and spewing it everywhere via the
vacuum
cleaner. I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but it just isn't all
that
obvious right now. Insights are appreciated.