Posted to alt.support.asthma,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac,alt.med.allergy
Dubious Dude Dubious Dude is offline

Default Vacuuming HEPA filter

mcs wrote:
ps. its almost as bad as the electric radio shack model air cleaner they use
to see with an ionizer and somekind of bulb to kill the dust and an
ionizer. The stuff gives off an electrical smell and some dirt accumulates
on the metal grids. What a hell of a joke that is on the consumer. I
accumulate more dirt on my tv than that thing takes in and I get a horrific
smell too and God knows what else that thing does to make it worse for ya.

When I last looked at Consumer Report, many years ago, the ionizers weren't so good.

"Dubious Dude" wrote in message
As a gift, I received a circular Honeywell air purifier, model 50100. It
has a
"Lifetime HEPA Permanent Filter" which one is suppose to vacuum. I'm
trying to
make sense of this logic. When you vacuum the HEPA filter, you're pulling
the
fine particles away from the filter and spewing it everywhere via the
vacuum
cleaner. I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but it just isn't all
that
obvious right now. Insights are appreciated.