Posted to alt.support.asthma,misc.consumers.house,alt.med.allergy
Dubious Dude Dubious Dude is offline

Default Vacuuming HEPA filter

Bill wrote:
I clean my HEPA air filters and other air filters inside my house with my
vacuum cleaner and don't notice any dust coming out of the vacuum.

Unless the vacuum bag is a HEPA grade filter or better, the small particles for
which the air purifier's HEPA filter are meant will spew out. Not all of them,
of course, since some will catch onto the material already in the bag, and the
bag itself, but many will simply because the mesh is not as fine. You might not
notice it right away (or at all, depending on the particles in the air in your
home, and your sensitivities).

If you are real sensitive to dust, I would suggest cleaning outside or
having someone else do this.

Yes, I described some reservations I had about that, but it looks like it's
becoming the only option. Thanks!

"Dubious Dude" wrote in message
As a gift, I received a circular Honeywell air purifier, model 50100. It
has a
"Lifetime HEPA Permanent Filter" which one is suppose to vacuum. I'm
trying to
make sense of this logic. When you vacuum the HEPA filter, you're pulling
the
fine particles away from the filter and spewing it everywhere via the
vacuum
cleaner. I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but it just isn't all
that
obvious right now. Insights are appreciated.