Posted to alt.support.asthma,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac,alt.med.allergy
Dubious Dude Dubious Dude is offline

Default Vacuuming HEPA filter

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Of course, you could do the vacuuming outdoors, and disperse all them nasy
particles out to the world. At least they would not be indoors with you.

Yes, that option occurred to me. I'm trying to avoid it, since I live
in a highrise (no balcony). Also, many appliances warn users not to
use them outside. I've never known why, but of the prevalence of the
warning, it is likely to be well-founded. However, it may be the only practical
one.

You could also clean the filter with compressed air, and not worry about the
vacuum bag. Just clean out the filter at your local auto repair garage,
where they won't notice the extra particles.

If that is required, I'd probably exchange it for another make. This model was
probably meant for house dwellers with a garage containing a shop-vac. But the
vacuuming outdoors is certainly a possibility (still seeking others).