Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseenso far ?

Dave wrote:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. He used to have a
handsome head of hair. Until the night he got involved in an altercation
with a crazed, very intoxicated woman. She grabbed his hair in a death grip
and they could not pry her loose for several minutes. By that time, she had
torn much of his scalp loose from his head.

The resulting injuries were very painful and took awhile to heal. They
shaved his head before they did the surgery to reattach his scalp. He had
to keep it shaved during the recovery. It has never been more than a half an
inch long since.

He said if he retires or takes up another line of work, he might grow some
hair agin. But as long as he is a law enforcement officer, he will go with a
buzz cut.

I don't know what a buzz cut is, but I suspect that it is a cut of the
hair that can not be grabbed/held.

Most police officers in the UK have the same short cut, for the same
reasons.

AKA a 'burr' haircut like you get when you enter basic training or
boot camp. About 1/8" long.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell