Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseen so far ?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:52:28 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

In article , Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Owain wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
wrote:
... his wife decided he shouldnt fix anything.
A creative solution to the "Honey-Do" list.

One smashed teapot at the age of nine, and one is excused washing-up
duty for life :-)

Making one pot of coffee with a little detegent in it excuses you of
having to EVER make coffee again. Have you ever seen a regular cup of
coffee with an inch of foam on the top? ;-)

Now, what if I am the caffeine junkie and nobody else at the shop is in
a mood for coffee and the pot is empty? Looks like I gotta brew it then!
(or guzle some Mountain Dew.)

Meanwhile, decades ago at a much younger age, I did put Joy (or
the like) regular dish detergent in a dishwasher. This was one of those
dishwashers with a dual hose that went to a fitting that fits onto a
kitchen sink faucet. This generated a few cubic yards of foam at a rate
2-3 orders of magnitude faster than the rate at which such foam can go
down the drain, IIRC.
Thankfully, the back door was at the kitchen and we had brooms. I don't
remember whether or not the snow shovel was used.

- Don Klipstein )

Like SWMBO doing her first load of laundry while visiting friend who
had just regenerating the water softener.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

According to Bill :
In message , Edwin
Pawlowski writes

"Bill" wrote in message

[ ... ]

May be better to rig up a timed loan worker system that sends an alarm,

Why would an employee of a finance or mortgage company need that?

Bl**dy spell checkers, I really should look at what I type.

Lone

A spelling checker would not make much difference there, both
are valid words.

Or did you do some kind of typo and you are stuck with a
spelling checker which auto-corrects your typos without asking you what
you really meant to say?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Bob Bob is offline

On
More than a few fall off ladders in boatyards, as well. Everybody
gets confident about their ability to climb one-handed (or no-handed)
while carrying heavy tools or awkward parts. Most of the time, it
works, too...

It only needs to not-work once though

Yep, you got that right. Ladders scare the hell out of me,
particularly when working alone. When I was in Basic I fell off the
top of one of those backward-inclined climibing obstacles on the
"confidence course" about 20 feet into the edge of the sand pit. My
hip has never been quite the same since, but I figure I was lucky as
it was -- could have missed the pit and then would have busted
something bad for sure.

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

This from yesterday's "The Sunday Times Magazine" (London, UK), in an
article about clearing up the debris following the "Great Storm" of 1987:

"...In the hands of novices, chainsaws do not cream smoothly through
yielding timber~ they buck and twist like cats. The accidents were
horrific. Untrained men would hack at the upper branches of bent or
leaning trees, oblivious to the laws of physics. "There is a huge
tension when a tree falls," says Ray Hawes. "When people cut through
them and take the weight off the top, at a certain stage they will
spring back." The result is like a Roman ballista, except that the
missile catapulted 20 yards is not a rock but a human body with a
screaming chainsaw. In the worst case, recalled by Peter Creasey, the
Trust’s head warden at Box Hill in Surrey, a man took the precaution of
harnessing himself to a bough. His tragedy was to choose the wrong tree
— not the one he was sawing, but the one it was leaning against. The
ballista tore him apart."

David
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 8, 7:27 am, " wrote:
Serious, sobering stuff...

http://www.amgron.clara.net/circular.../accidents.htm

Hmmphhh, no pictures!

MBQ

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 8, 9:00 pm, raden wrote:
In message .com, Ken
writesWhat have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Tosser x-posted to numerous DIY related Ngroups

He accidentally fell into the north sea with his feet encased in
concrete

How we did laff ...

Don't think that's fair. It was on-topic for all the groups; he cross-
posted rather than multi-posted; admittedly, he posted to five groups,
whereas I think the recommended maximum is four.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
Lew Hartswick wrote:
I think I went through several suggar bowl lids when I was a
youngster. :-)

We were too poor to have sugar bowl lids.

Aye, us an' all - we used t'have to make do wi old jam-jar lids

David
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

on 9/9/2007 11:18 AM Shawn Hirn said the following:
In article .com,
Ken wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Martin Bonner wrote:
On Sep 8, 9:00 pm, raden wrote:
In message .com,
Ken writesWhat have been the worst
(serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or
saw it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Tosser x-posted to numerous DIY related Ngroups

He accidentally fell into the north sea with his feet encased in
concrete

How we did laff ...

Don't think that's fair. It was on-topic for all the groups; he
cross- posted rather than multi-posted; admittedly, he posted to five
groups, whereas I think the recommended maximum is four.

There is no 'recommended maximum'

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. He used to have a
handsome head of hair. Until the night he got involved in an altercation
with a crazed, very intoxicated woman. She grabbed his hair in a death grip
and they could not pry her loose for several minutes. By that time, she had
torn much of his scalp loose from his head.

The resulting injuries were very painful and took awhile to heal. They
shaved his head before they did the surgery to reattach his scalp. He had
to keep it shaved during the recovery. It has never been more than a half an
inch long since.

He said if he retires or takes up another line of work, he might grow some
hair agin. But as long as he is a law enforcement officer, he will go with a
buzz cut.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote

[...]

'Sounds wise to me. When I hear these stories I have to wonder why some
do-gooder group hasn't done PSAs on television showing how your scalp can
get peeled off if your hair is long and it gets caught in something.

Spiro Agnew would have liked those.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

--
Ed Huntress

My hair has been cut so that it is no more than 1/2" long.
The one tool that I use that I have the most respect for (read scared
of) is the radial arm saw, especially when ripping. Somehow, the blade
over the table is more respected (read scared of) than one under the table.
The others, I'm just merely careful.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

That's a very good idea. . .uh. . .just tell me where you live and I'll take
all those dangerous things away for you. No charge at all.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"no spam" wrote in message
. net...
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

That's a very good idea. . .uh. . .just tell me where you live and I'll
take all those dangerous things away for you. No charge at all.

They're in a dark and dank basement where no civilized person has been for
20 years. Even the meter-reader asks me to go read the meter for him.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

Yeah, I've got to stop wearing those necklaces and neckties when I'm running
the lathe, too. And the charm bracelet...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In message ,
nick hull writes
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

Four beers for the carpenters .. as the germans say

Free men own guns

And dead people are the result

--
geoff

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

on 9/10/2007 5:36 PM Owain said the following:
Lee Michaels wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote
I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my
hair cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. ...

That's all very well, but what about injuries sustained from electric
hair clippers, especially when used in bathrooms?

Owain

Mine are cordless.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:

Owain wrote:

Lew Hartswick wrote:

I think I went through several suggar bowl lids when I was a
youngster. :-)

We were too poor to have sugar bowl lids.

Aye, us an' all - we used t'have to make do wi old jam-jar lids

Lids? Sugar bowls? What was wrong with the paper bag that it came in?

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

[...]

I don't know what a buzz cut is, but I suspect that it is a cut of the
hair that can not be grabbed/held.

Most police officers in the UK have the same short cut, for the same
reasons.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

In message ,
nick hull writes

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair
cut
short...

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

Four beers for the carpenters .. as the germans say

Free men own guns

And dead people are the result

In the UK if we had the right to carry a gun and be immune to defending
ourselves against a mugger with a knife, or a burglar in the house, then
I am all for it.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave
writes
raden wrote:

In message ,
nick hull writes

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my
hair cut
short...

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

Four beers for the carpenters .. as the germans say

Free men own guns

And dead people are the result

In the UK if we had the right to carry a gun and be immune to defending
ourselves against a mugger with a knife, or a burglar in the house,
then I am all for it.

Do you understand nurfink?

--
geoff
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Lobster wrote:

Owain wrote:

Lew Hartswick wrote:

I think I went through several suggar bowl lids when I was a
youngster. :-)

We were too poor to have sugar bowl lids.

Aye, us an' all - we used t'have to make do wi old jam-jar lids

Lids? Sugar bowls? What was wrong with the paper bag that it came in?

You had sugar? We had go out back and pick berries to mash into our cereal,
and squeeze into our coffee, if we wanted to sweeten them. Nothing like
wrestling racoons in the half-light of dawn to get the blood flowing....

aem sends...

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

aemeijers wrote:
| "Dave" wrote in message
|| Lobster wrote:
||| Aye, us an' all - we used t'have to make do wi old jam-jar lids
|| Lids? Sugar bowls? What was wrong with the paper bag that it came
|| in?
| You had sugar? We had go out back and pick berries to mash into our
| cereal, and squeeze into our coffee, if we wanted to sweeten them.
| Nothing like wrestling racoons in the half-light of dawn to get the
| blood flowing....

....and when the berries and paper bags had all been eaten, we boiled
the dishrag to make broth and added icebox scrapings for our soup...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair
cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. ...

That's all very well, but what about injuries sustained from electric
hair clippers, especially when used in bathrooms?

Owain

My uncle went to the hospital with 109 bruises and 16 contusions. What
happened, you ask? He hit a golf ball in a tile bathroom.
yuk
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

nick hull writes:

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

But what about the ones that were on your right hand?
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ed Huntress wrote:

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

--
Ed Huntress

Back in the early to mid 70's when I was living with my grandparents and
had grown my hair to about my belt loops, Grandpa and I went to the
store one evening. Saw the ugliest looking person you ever saw. Grandpa
asked him, "What happened to you?"
The guy answered, "I got my ponytail caught in the lathe at work!"

Yikes

5 minutes later and several aisles over, Grandpa told me, "I ain't gonna
ever tell you to get your hair cut again."

Didn't have long hair very much after that.
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"user" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

--
Ed Huntress

Back in the early to mid 70's when I was living with my grandparents and
had grown my hair to about my belt loops, Grandpa and I went to the store
one evening. Saw the ugliest looking person you ever saw. Grandpa asked
him, "What happened to you?"
The guy answered, "I got my ponytail caught in the lathe at work!"

Yikes

5 minutes later and several aisles over, Grandpa told me, "I ain't gonna
ever tell you to get your hair cut again."

Didn't have long hair very much after that.

Man, these stories are piling up. My 1943 edition of _How to Run a Lathe_
doesn't say anything about it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Morris Dovey" writes:
aemeijers wrote:
| "Dave" wrote in message
|| Lobster wrote:
||| Aye, us an' all - we used t'have to make do wi old jam-jar lids
|| Lids? Sugar bowls? What was wrong with the paper bag that it came
|| in?
| You had sugar? We had go out back and pick berries to mash into our
| cereal, and squeeze into our coffee, if we wanted to sweeten them.
| Nothing like wrestling racoons in the half-light of dawn to get the
| blood flowing....

...and when the berries and paper bags had all been eaten, we boiled
the dishrag to make broth and added icebox scrapings for our soup...

Dishrag? Icebox?
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"willshak" wrote in message
My hair has been cut so that it is no more than 1/2" long.

Mine has not been that long in a couple of years now. 1/6" on the sides,
uh, even less on top. Eliminates a lot of problems and is easy to style in
the morning.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

nick hull wrote:
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

G'day all,
While at Tech, doing my apprenticeship we where warned never to wear
jewellery, including rings in the work shop. (Although some of the
instructors wore ties).
To drive home the message several large posters of photographs were
displayed.
One that I've never forgotten was of a finger with a wedding ring and a
long piece of string like stuff protruding from where it had been torn
from a hand.
This was a tendon that had stayed attached and pulled out from the
shoulder. No use or very little left in the blokes arm.
My wedding ring was worn on my wedding day and has stayed in a box at
home ever since.

regards
John
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:17:39 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"user" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

--
Ed Huntress

Back in the early to mid 70's when I was living with my grandparents and
had grown my hair to about my belt loops, Grandpa and I went to the store
one evening. Saw the ugliest looking person you ever saw. Grandpa asked
him, "What happened to you?"
The guy answered, "I got my ponytail caught in the lathe at work!"

Yikes

5 minutes later and several aisles over, Grandpa told me, "I ain't gonna
ever tell you to get your hair cut again."

Didn't have long hair very much after that.

Man, these stories are piling up. My 1943 edition of _How to Run a Lathe_
doesn't say anything about it. d8-)

A kid at the highschool where a friend's wife teaches always wore
baggy track pants to school - regimental. Thought he was IT.

One day he somehow got his drawstring caught (wrapped around) on the
wood lathe. Got a few good wraps of the track pants wound up too. They
got the lathe stopped in time to save "the boys" - but JUST.
Didn't faze the idiot at all - - -

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:17:39 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"user" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

(((snip)
A kid at the highschool where a friend's wife teaches always wore
baggy track pants to school - regimental. Thought he was IT.

One day he somehow got his drawstring caught (wrapped around) on the
wood lathe. Got a few good wraps of the track pants wound up too. They
got the lathe stopped in time to save "the boys" - but JUST.
Didn't faze the idiot at all - - -

Well, being in high school, he probably hadn't reproduced yet. So this
counts as interfering with natural selection?

aem sends...

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

According to John B "":
nick hull wrote:

[ ... ]

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

[ ... ]

G'day all,

[ ... ]

One that I've never forgotten was of a finger with a wedding ring and a
long piece of string like stuff protruding from where it had been torn
from a hand.
This was a tendon that had stayed attached and pulled out from the
shoulder. No use or very little left in the blokes arm.

Ouch!

My wedding ring was worn on my wedding day and has stayed in a box at
home ever since.

I simply have a fake carabiner clip hanging from my belt with my
keys on it. Whenever I step into the shop, my wedding ring and my watch
move to that clip and stay there until I exit the shop again. And none
of my machines have moving parts at the level of that carabiner, or I
would move *it* to a hook on the wall by the door. (It is a personal
hobby shop, so I don't have to worry about them growing legs while I'm
working. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

[...]

'Buzz Cut' draws its name from the buzzing sound the clippers make as they
ride along the scalp. Think electric dog clippers- basically the same thing.
The buzz is 60hz, from the alternating line current, that is used to move
the heads back and forth. In UK, it would be a 50hz buzz. You hear it right
through your skull. I had buzz cuts as a kid, until I looked in the mirror
one day around 4th or 5th grade. I had a pony tail as a teenager, but am
back to above-the collar now. The current buzz-cut fad, presumably
war-inspired, leaves me cold.

aem sends...

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread. I'm afraid to go into my
work shed or pick up a tool!

I'm with you. It's scaring the pants off of me.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

You SURE don't want to go into your shop without pants. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

jo4hn wrote:

Owain wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair
cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. ...

That's all very well, but what about injuries sustained from electric
hair clippers, especially when used in bathrooms?

Owain

My uncle went to the hospital with 109 bruises and 16 contusions. What
happened, you ask? He hit a golf ball in a tile bathroom.

Then your aunt beat him with his golf clubs for breaking the mirror,
window and glass shower doors.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

[...]

AKA a 'burr' haircut like you get when you enter basic training or
boot camp. About 1/8" long.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell