Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseen so far ?

According to John B "":
nick hull wrote:

[ ... ]

Short hair, no rings, no necklaces, no body metal, no ties, no
wris****ches and I have all my fingers left

[ ... ]

G'day all,

[ ... ]

One that I've never forgotten was of a finger with a wedding ring and a
long piece of string like stuff protruding from where it had been torn
from a hand.
This was a tendon that had stayed attached and pulled out from the
shoulder. No use or very little left in the blokes arm.

Ouch!

My wedding ring was worn on my wedding day and has stayed in a box at
home ever since.

I simply have a fake carabiner clip hanging from my belt with my
keys on it. Whenever I step into the shop, my wedding ring and my watch
move to that clip and stay there until I exit the shop again. And none
of my machines have moving parts at the level of that carabiner, or I
would move *it* to a hook on the wall by the door. (It is a personal
hobby shop, so I don't have to worry about them growing legs while I'm
working. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564