Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Doug Brown Doug Brown is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

For some further clarification on "buzz cut" you can look here;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_cut
"ameijers" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair
cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. He used to
have a handsome head of hair. Until the night he got involved in an
altercation with a crazed, very intoxicated woman. She grabbed his hair
in a death grip and they could not pry her loose for several minutes.
By that time, she had torn much of his scalp loose from his head.

The resulting injuries were very painful and took awhile to heal. They
shaved his head before they did the surgery to reattach his scalp. He
had to keep it shaved during the recovery. It has never been more than a
half an inch long since.

He said if he retires or takes up another line of work, he might grow
some hair agin. But as long as he is a law enforcement officer, he will
go with a buzz cut.

I don't know what a buzz cut is, but I suspect that it is a cut of the
hair that can not be grabbed/held.

'Buzz Cut' draws its name from the buzzing sound the clippers make as they
ride along the scalp. Think electric dog clippers- basically the same
thing. The buzz is 60hz, from the alternating line current, that is used
to move the heads back and forth. In UK, it would be a 50hz buzz. You hear
it right through your skull. I had buzz cuts as a kid, until I looked in
the mirror one day around 4th or 5th grade. I had a pony tail as a
teenager, but am back to above-the collar now. The current buzz-cut fad,
presumably war-inspired, leaves me cold.

aem sends...