Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Sunken living room

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"cln" wrote in message
ups.com...

As my previous post mentioned, our sunken living room is 6'2" and
finishing that basement room would not give me much head room. Ceiling
1" floor 1", I stand 6'1"!! I'm going to convert this room to a home
theatre in that case I'll be sitting in that room instead of... well
anything else!

It's a concrete floor so I can't go down. Could I somehow reinforce
the living room floor studs and cut off a few inches?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

What????

I think that he means reinforce the floor joists and then rip
a few inches off the bottom.

If that is what the OP meant, then yes, that is possible,
depending upon what you have now and how much you want to take
off. Since I don't know the spans involved or the joist
depth, or spacing, I cannot even begin to answer your question.

If you plan to do this, I see steel beams in your future.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.