Posted to alt.home.repair
hillacc at yahoo.com hillacc at yahoo.com is offline

Default Need new bottom freezer fridge - which one?

I have the LG single top door, bottom freezer with door (not drawer),
and I love it. I've been using it for two years. So far, it has held
the temperature in both compartments just right; I don't even have to
adjust for summer. I like the convenience of the two pull-out bins in
the the freezer (and I'm not sure why anyone would think having to
have the freezer door open all the way to pull them out would be
problem -- if you have the clearance to pull out a large freezer
drawer, it seems as though you would have the clearance to open a
door). I don't have the icemaker connected, so can't comment on that
except to say the ice bin is exactly the right size to hold a full bag
of ice cubes. I like the way the shelves in both the refrigerator
compartment and on the refrigerator door adjust (very easy). I did a
lot of research before buying this one, and if I had to do it again,
I'd probably get exactly the same model.

Jo Ann

On Sep 10, 1:51 am, "Art" wrote:
The freezer door on the LG is the most interesting though I would probably
not buy one based on distribution problems for parts.

wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 8, 10:49 am, "Tony" wrote:
We've been using bottom freezer refrigerators for many years.

A search online shows KitchenAid and
LG now offering the type we like (single top door, single hinged - not
slide
out - bottom door).

May I ask a question, please?

I don't have a bottom freezer 'frig, but whenever mine dies, and I
hope that's a loooong loooong time from now, I would like to have a
bottom model. My question is what is the difference or benefits of a
hinged bottom door vs. a slide out door?

Also, do you pack your items flat or on their side to see what's in
the freezer? That probably sounds like a silly question, but I've
always wanted to know.- Hide quoted text -