Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. He used to have
a handsome head of hair. Until the night he got involved in an
altercation with a crazed, very intoxicated woman. She grabbed his hair
in a death grip and they could not pry her loose for several minutes. By
that time, she had torn much of his scalp loose from his head.

The resulting injuries were very painful and took awhile to heal. They
shaved his head before they did the surgery to reattach his scalp. He had
to keep it shaved during the recovery. It has never been more than a half
an inch long since.

He said if he retires or takes up another line of work, he might grow some
hair agin. But as long as he is a law enforcement officer, he will go with
a buzz cut.

'Sounds wise to me. When I hear these stories I have to wonder why some
do-gooder group hasn't done PSAs on television showing how your scalp can
get peeled off if your hair is long and it gets caught in something.

Spiro Agnew would have liked those.

--
Ed Huntress