Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
David Brown[_2_] David Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Productivity - Norway leads the table.

Joerg wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

David Brown wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

...Jim Thompson

However, Americans work more hours per year than workers in most
other developed
economies. This is why, measured as value added per hour worked,
Norway has the
highest labour productivity level (US$ 37.99), followed by the
United States
(US$ 35.63) and France (US$ 35.08).

http://www.ilo.org/global/About_the_...3976/index.htm

Graham

Americans work more because they aren't lazy, like other countries.

Norwegians are not lazy either - they work hard while they are at work,
generating enough income (for themselves, their employers, and the
state), so that they don't have to work more. Working longer hours is
not a good thing in itself. Europeans generally see work as a part of
their lives, but not the most important part, and thus prefer shorter
hours and longer holidays over greater production and income.

Americans prefer do do most of their work when they are younger and
stronger, some so they can retire early and enjoy life, but others

How well do your pension schemes support that? (I'm thinking of your
average man in the street here, who is unable or unwilling to save
significantly for the future, rather than engineers and other higher
income people).

because they enjoy working. Doing something you love, and getting paid
for it? It is a VERY hard to beat combination.

Agreed.

The president at one of my clients is in his 80's and seriously enjoys
work. Nothing seems to be able to slow him down.

I know someone who once took a week's holiday during his 60-odd years of
working life, but said he didn't like it.