Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseen so far ?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:52:28 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

In article , Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Owain wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
wrote:
... his wife decided he shouldnt fix anything.
A creative solution to the "Honey-Do" list.

One smashed teapot at the age of nine, and one is excused washing-up
duty for life :-)

Making one pot of coffee with a little detegent in it excuses you of
having to EVER make coffee again. Have you ever seen a regular cup of
coffee with an inch of foam on the top? ;-)

Now, what if I am the caffeine junkie and nobody else at the shop is in
a mood for coffee and the pot is empty? Looks like I gotta brew it then!
(or guzle some Mountain Dew.)

Meanwhile, decades ago at a much younger age, I did put Joy (or
the like) regular dish detergent in a dishwasher. This was one of those
dishwashers with a dual hose that went to a fitting that fits onto a
kitchen sink faucet. This generated a few cubic yards of foam at a rate
2-3 orders of magnitude faster than the rate at which such foam can go
down the drain, IIRC.
Thankfully, the back door was at the kitchen and we had brooms. I don't
remember whether or not the snow shovel was used.

- Don Klipstein )

Like SWMBO doing her first load of laundry while visiting friend who
had just regenerating the water softener.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada