Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Productivity - Norway leads the table.

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:02:33 +0200, David Brown
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

...Jim Thompson
However, Americans work more hours per year than workers in most other developed
economies. This is why, measured as value added per hour worked, Norway has the
highest labour productivity level (US$ 37.99), followed by the United States
(US$ 35.63) and France (US$ 35.08).

http://www.ilo.org/global/About_the_...3976/index.htm

Graham

Americans work more because they aren't lazy, like other countries.

Norwegians are not lazy either - they work hard while they are at work,
generating enough income (for themselves, their employers, and the
state), so that they don't have to work more. Working longer hours is
not a good thing in itself. Europeans generally see work as a part of
their lives, but not the most important part, and thus prefer shorter
hours and longer holidays over greater production and income.

I think Americans work longer hours because we still have some
entrepreneurial spirit left in us.

We want "to get ahead", own our own business, be "boss".

Europeans know there's nothing to gain but more taxation.

Why do you think there's a constant trooping of Europeans to America?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |