Posted to alt.home.repair
Dee Dee is offline

Default Need new bottom freezer fridge - which one?

"Tony" wrote in
news

"Dee" wrote in message
om...
"Tony" wrote in
:

I know Amana is supposed to be known for their bottom freezers, but
I'm pretty sure I don't want another one. A search online shows
KitchenAid and LG now offering the type we like (single top door,
single hinged - not slide out - bottom door). Would like to hear if
anyone has experience with any of these, or others I may have
missed. Looking for somewhere around 21 cu.ft. capacity.

My KitchenAid bottom freezer is now 14 years old. It is still
working very
well and, to date, has not needed any kind of repair.

Dee

We have other KitchenAid appliances and have been pleased with them. I
wonder if the KitchenAid of today is the same as the KitchenAid of
yesterday. That is, do they still make their own appliances, or are
they in the Amana/Maytag/Whirlpool/LG/Kenmore/Sears/etc camp?

That is a good question. I also have a KitchenAid washer and dryer that
are 15 years old, and both work very well. Who knows how much a company
can change in 15 years? But I am glad you posted about KitchenAid's
bottom freezers, because the last time I looked (a few years back) they had
stopped making them and I was not looking forward to the time when I would
have to replace this one with some other brand.

Dee