Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Price paid for copper scrap?

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 11:13:22 GMT, "John"
wrote:

"A.Lee" wrote in message
. ..
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Dave Baker" wrote in message
"A.Lee" wrote in message ...
I've got some steel and copper scrap to weigh in,

http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metalsPrices.jsp

What a useful site! Thanks,

AOL.
Ta
Alan.

Given the amount of mindless thefts you would think it was worth stealing -
if you look at the price of new pipe in the Screwfix catalogue it makes you
realise how mindless it is to put people at risk by ripping a few metres of
gas pipe off a building.

Saw some kids with a wheely bin climbing into the burnt pub. Obviously
up to no good so asked in the library if they could ring the police.
She says "oh yes they're nicking the lead" ... perhaps she thought it
was ok, so I asked her again to ring the police.

The press doesn't help though when it quotes the cost of the repair ("Damage
costing £5,000 was done when pipe was stolen as copper prices rise!!!).
Maybe £5,000 for a council team to fix - but the pipe was only worth a bout
£1.50.

The stress, time and effort of sorting out petty stuff is enough for
it to be worth stamping down on it heavily.
They've nicked drain covers round here.
Who pays for them? Surely the scrappies need to not buy the stuff to
stop the cycle?
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free