Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Magic Wand - With A Twist

Super wand Charlie. I really like the contrast and the twist.
I love wands, but I'm not brave enough to try the twisting thing yet.

The Fall 2007 American Woodturner magazine has a five page, well
illustrated article Barbara Dill on multi-axis turning that is, for me
at least, like decoding the Rosetta Stone. Two major enlightenments
in the article are about using intersecting arcs to produce a lense
shaped cross section rather than a circular one, and how to put a
twist - albeit only a quarter turn, in a piece.

After turning some experiments with the concepts in the article
I did the attached Magic Wand - Wtih A Twist. Wand is maple, the
handle is maybe rosewood?

Am working on a web page or two (OK so it may turn out to be
10 or 12 pages) on ARCS and TWISTS.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...iCenters1.html

This article alone makes the $45 annual membership fee for AAW worth
every penny. Can't wait to see Part 2 of Barbara's Multi-Axis Turning
article.

Breaking out of Symetrical turning sure is interesting.

charlie b