Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
noreaster noreaster is offline

Default Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop

I acquired a free metal cabinet 18x36x72 free, it has lot of shelves set at
the height for those cardboard bins. All of the screws and nails in the
small boxes you get from Borg or Lowes fit nicely in the 4" wide bins. The
rest of the bins have electrical parts, paint brushes, plumbing parts etc.
In the two, 3 piece tool boxes are all the hand tools. One of the small roll
around toolbox has the bench sander on top with supplies inside. The other
has the planer on top when in use with routers and bits inside. I don't have
rafters in the garage but with heavy duty eye screws, rope and some 2x2's, I
can place long 2x3's, 2x4's there. I had just finished putting up some more
screw eyes for pieces up to 4' long up there also. One thing that will help
is to get rid of things you don't use anymore. I have too much scrap lumber
I may "need" someday.

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT