Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Simple. It's like the Law of Conservation of Energy. It's Called
Conservation of Space. Either throw out the tools that don't fit, or
Build A Bigger Shop.

I'd build a bigger shop, myself. If you decide to throw stuff away,
post descriptions here first. If the tools are any good, I bet some of
us would pay shipping to "dispose" of them for you.

Mike Eberlein

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

I did this one years ago.

Buy a set of metal shelves about 84"-90" H as wide as practical
(30"-36")

WW Grainger sell cardboard shelf boxes in bundles of 25.

You simply fold them to form a box.

They come in 2"-4"-6" widths and fit a standard 12" deep shelf.

A couple of Sharpies for labeling and you are good to go.

RULE 1:

Everything on that set of shelves MUST be in a shelf box.

RULE 2:

If in doubt, refer to RULE 1.

YMMV

Lew

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

When making wall cabinets, plain doors waste a lot of space. If you make the doors 3-6" deep, you can
fit loads of nail and screw (and other small stuff) storage in the doors.
Fit bearing hinges to take the weight, and some kind of ledge to hold the doors square when closed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:41:26 -0700, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

I just listed a bunch of things with a 0.01 starting price. Besides
that, any racks also help.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

My shop is getting taken over with all the non tool stuff: nails,
screws,other hardware, plumbing supplies, nifty pieces of hardwood,
tools torn down waiting for parts/rework/repair, gear motors,
controllers, etc etc. Not too mention projects that get delayed in the
middle: that 4 panel garage door section that is waiting on custom
molder cutters is a prime example.

I'm mostly ok on the tools, I can run 16' boards through the molder in a
30' space with help from a suitable well pit in the wall and major tools
mounted on mobile bases but the last 18 months overwhelmed the system.

When you have a solution, I'm waiting!

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Look up........ hang stuff up close to the ceiling if you have the
clearance. Long boards, pipe, shafting. If the ceiling is in the
basement and unfinished you can put narrow shelves off the joists. Use
any type of jar or plastic storage contain for nail, screws and anything
else small enough to fit.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote in
oups.com:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Acro Bins and wall plates. You can get these for cheap from Global
Industrial Supply. The wall plates are simple perforated steel sheets
that the bins hang from. You can make a lot of storage area in a small
space. Anything you can put on the wall is a space saving deal.

Our work shop is a 16' x 26' partition of another area. In it, we have a
12' x 16' caged area that has a milling machine, a 8' Lista cabinet with
overhead cabinets, 2 - 3'w x 8' roll-around stand-up parts cabinets, a
5'w roll around Lista parts cabinet, a stationary Lista mill tooling
cabinet, a 3' bolt/nut/screw cabinet, a laptop roll around cart, and
every free space of wall to a height of 7' has the acro bins and wall
plates with all of the pneumatic fittings and other odds and ends, even
the area between the big Lista bench top and the upper cabinets is full
of mounted acro bins. Outside of the caged area is where we do machine
building, and this area currently has a new full-sized 3 axis CNC VMC we
are automating, a 6 axis robot, a 6' lista work bench, a ladder/work
platform storage area, an automatic parts washer and 5 roll-away tool
boxes. And we still have room to work. Even the caged wall is used for
storage, we attached extrusion to it, and use it to store completed sub-
assemblies, hoses, cables, tools, paperwork racks, aluminum stock, etc.
Keeping the floor clean and uncluttered is a key. Having hose and power
reels mounted high on the wall/ceiling is important for uncluttering.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Pat Pat is offline

I agree with shelves and boxes except I use plastic boxes with lids and keep
them in a shed. Carry what I need to the shop.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

I did this one years ago.

Buy a set of metal shelves about 84"-90" H as wide as practical
(30"-36")

WW Grainger sell cardboard shelf boxes in bundles of 25.

You simply fold them to form a box.

They come in 2"-4"-6" widths and fit a standard 12" deep shelf.

A couple of Sharpies for labeling and you are good to go.

RULE 1:

Everything on that set of shelves MUST be in a shelf box.

RULE 2:

If in doubt, refer to RULE 1.

YMMV

Lew

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

You only need working space for the tool that you are working with. Put as
much equipment around the perimeter of the room and put all heavy machinery
on mobile bases.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

All the joist space is all used! People marvel at how much stuff is
crammed in. Includes a 100 plus 3 oz Ice tea jars nailed to boards
nailed to the joists; 3" in diameter x 7" long. And the space above the
boards is used to store long items.

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Look up........ hang stuff up close to the ceiling if you have the
clearance. Long boards, pipe, shafting. If the ceiling is in the
basement and unfinished you can put narrow shelves off the joists. Use
any type of jar or plastic storage contain for nail, screws and anything
else small enough to fit.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Look up........ hang stuff up close to the ceiling if you have the
clearance. Long boards, pipe, shafting. If the ceiling is in the
basement and unfinished you can put narrow shelves off the joists. Use
any type of jar or plastic storage contain for nail, screws and anything
else small enough to fit.

John

Any space under your bed?

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sep 8, 9:58 pm, "Dave Gordon" d@p wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

oups.com...

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

When making wall cabinets, plain doors waste a lot of space. If you make the doors 3-6" deep, you can
fit loads of nail and screw (and other small stuff) storage in the doors.
Fit bearing hinges to take the weight, and some kind of ledge to hold the doors square when closed.

- When making wall cabinets, plain doors waste a lot of space.

I know it's just semantics, but that statement doesn't really make
sense, at least to me. While building small-item storage into the
doors is a neat idea, you haven't really saved any space have you?

The front of your 3-6" deep doors are just as thick as your plain
doors, so the 3-6" had to be subtracted from or added to the orignal
depth of the cabinet, right?

Granted, having the small items stored in the door makes them easily
accessible and probably more organized, so I do like the idea.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"DerbyDad03" wrote: (clip)While building small-item storage into the doors
is a neat idea, you haven't really saved any space have you? (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote: (clip) I am looking for suggestions as to what you
have done to fit more tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have 5 gallon buckets hanging from pulleys in my garage/shop. I also have
a scrollsaw hangingup there. To give you an idea how short of space I am,
the scrollsaw goes on top of the washing machine when I need to use it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

All infeed, outfeed, and fence tables become cabinets. Lot's of
storage space availale if you do that.

Infeed and outfeed for RAS or miter saw can also be infeed and outfeed
for portable planer by building in a "plug" that allows the planer to
be recessed at feed level.

Peg board your walls.

Wood storage racks above the tools on the walls.

And, of course, everything on a mobile base that does not have a
permanent infeed and outfeed.

Frank

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Take a wood 1X4 of a convenient length--A supply of glass jars with
1/2-turn metal lids--screw lids to 1X4, screw 1X4 to ceiling--No need to
label, you can see what's inem..For itty bitty parts--use baby food jars
--I used pint sized pickle jars--
If you use all the same size lids, you can re-arrange the order later on

Jerry--ps this does not work well with rooms that have 10ft ceilings!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

For 10 ft ceilings--make a horizontal rotating device---two plywood ends
a foot or so with 6 or 8 sides and a hole for a pipe in the centre. 6 or
8 1x4s screwed to each end piece-suspend the whole thing from ceiling
horizontally from a couple of boards of a length to lower the whole
thing down to a convenient height. Don't make it too long or it will sag
over time unless you put additional end shaped pieces inside the cage
about every 2 ft or so..

Disadvantages--Dont store diamonds or other hard thingies as they
scratch the glass inside, and perty soon it gits hard to see the
contents. Also, the noise of rotating wakes the cat--which then needs
to be fed.

Fini
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Jerry Wass" in message

If you use all the same size lids, you can re-arrange the order later on

Something I saw recently, but haven't gotten around to doing:

In an appropriate width board, cut a series of 1/8" +/- slits that will
accommodate the thickness of a "ziplock bag"; slide the bag, full length,
into the slit with the "zipper" part above the board so that the bag won't
fall through, having previously filled it with small parts, screws,
hardware, etc.

Literally dozens of ziplock bag holding slits can be cut into one board with
a band saw, and the board mounted under a cabinet/on a wall where the parts
are easily seen/accessible.

Can you say "cheap, easy storage"?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sep 8, 11:41 pm, "Leon" wrote:
...put all heavy machinery on mobile bases.

The mobile bases should be storage cabinets for heavy stuff so the
machine isn't top-heavy.

Several of my machines are mounted on opposite sides of flip-top
tables if they might be used alternately on the same job; planer +
jointer, 8" table saw + belt sander, sheet metal shear + corner
notcher. The base cabinet contains all tools and accessories.

On the lighter machine stands the casters are on narrow hinged boards
which can be flipped out with a toe to put the machine solidly on the
floor. It works better if each board has one swivel and one fixed
caster, aligned such that it doesn't roll away when you lift each side
to flip the board.

jw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

In my own case I made the cabinet doors 6 inches deep in addition to the cabinet 12 inches deep. The
dimensions came from the sizes of some scrap wood I had. Yeah it sticks out more into the workshop,
but its over a kitchen-style workbench against the wall so it doesn't really consume any usable space
anyway.
The doors were fairly rigid, but still sag under the weight, so I added a couple of ledgers at the
bottom, that support the doors when they are closed.
Ball bearing hinges were the best part of the design though. I would definately recommend them.

..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"DerbyDad03" wrote: (clip)While building small-item storage into the doors is a neat idea, you
haven't really saved any space have you? (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would you be happier if he had said he was creating more "frontage?" :-)

Hmmm. Unless you store the items in the Twilight Zone, they will always use some space. Just depends
on whether its wasted space, or whether it will get in the way of other things.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Look up........ hang stuff up close to the ceiling if you have the
clearance. Long boards, pipe, shafting. If the ceiling is in the
basement and unfinished you can put narrow shelves off the joists. Use
any type of jar or plastic storage contain for nail, screws and anything
else small enough to fit.

John

I made a couple of T-shaped brackets and hung them upside down from the joists. The cross pieces of
the T stick out about 18 inches either side, and the brackets are about 4 feet apart.
Very useful for storing long timber, copper pipes, etc out of the way, again in what would otherwise
be wasted space. You can even slope the horizontal parts to keep circular pipes etc from rolling off.
Slope of maybe 1/2" in 18" seems to work.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

You only need working space for the tool that you are working with. Put as much equipment around
the perimeter of the room and put all heavy machinery on mobile bases.

Assuming you have a smooth flat floor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sep 9, 10:04 am, "Dave Gordon" d@p wrote:
....put all heavy machinery on mobile bases.
Assuming you have a smooth flat floor.

If not, just use bigger castors. I usually work outdoors with the
machines on a sloping, uneven asphalt driveway or the flatter ground
beside it. Any machine that requires side forces like a table saw has
retractable landing gear (see other post) and I kick shims under it to
stop wobble. The 4X6 bandsaw is on lawnmower wheels. I put rubber door
stop wedges under the casters to keep the welders from rolling and let
the heavier sheet metal machine stand rest against the tailgate of the
pickup truck.

jw

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Can we assume that you're talking hand tools and such, not floor tools?

I relieve clutter with lots of drawers and pegboard..
I used to use shelves but limit that now because they attract more clutter..

A future project will be a set of shallow cabinets over the bench with doors
made up of 2x1's and skinned on both sides with pegboard, with shallow shelves
inside for those "where do I put these?"items that get in the way on the bench
but seem to be needed within arm's reach..

If you have enough ceiling height, placing things like DC, compressor, planer,
etc. on 12" or higher cabinets can store a LOT of stuff, also..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

I acquired a free metal cabinet 18x36x72 free, it has lot of shelves set at
the height for those cardboard bins. All of the screws and nails in the
small boxes you get from Borg or Lowes fit nicely in the 4" wide bins. The
rest of the bins have electrical parts, paint brushes, plumbing parts etc.
In the two, 3 piece tool boxes are all the hand tools. One of the small roll
around toolbox has the bench sander on top with supplies inside. The other
has the planer on top when in use with routers and bits inside. I don't have
rafters in the garage but with heavy duty eye screws, rope and some 2x2's, I
can place long 2x3's, 2x4's there. I had just finished putting up some more
screw eyes for pieces up to 4' long up there also. One thing that will help
is to get rid of things you don't use anymore. I have too much scrap lumber
I may "need" someday.

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Anthony wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

I had an old rack for 9 track computer tapes sitting around, so I
made a rolling base for it, then I covered one side with 1/4" hardboard,
and the Harbor Freight version of those bins. That left the other side
open, which was filled with the old metal framed AkroMills 50 drawer
parts cabinets. Small parts on one side, bigger stuff on the other! Not
only can it turn, but it can be rolled almost anywhere in the shop to
keep things close at hand.

It is similar to the open rack shown he
http://www.online-computer.com/

I have made storage cabinets out of old relay racks with locking
doors, as well. I store the expensive tools and test equipment in
them. They are all on heavy casters, and can be moved, if needed.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

IBM punch card cabinets are the tits for screws, nuts and bolts,
tools, tooling etc etc

Heavy duty slides and drawers, each drawer is removed by simply
lifting it out and taking it to the work bench etc etc

Great inventions!

Gunner, 8 cabinets and looking for more.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

The biggest wasted space in my shop is under the stationary tools. If
I really run out of space I'll start replacing the stands with
cabinets. I have assorted crap stuffed under some of them, but most
of it is not being used efficiently. If you aren't using the space
under your bench then that's a big one too.

I gained a lot of space rearranging things in the shop. I used to
have a big metal shelving unit near the workbench. When I needed to
fit another stationary tool in I pulled the workbench out from the
wall and stuck the shelving unit in there. I lost some working space
from the middle of the shop, but gained precious wall space. This is
specific to my shop, but it goes to show a simple rearrangement can
find you space you didn't know you had. Of course once you've
rearranged everything half a dozen or so times already there isn't
going to be too much more to be gained.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leuf wrote:

I gained a lot of space rearranging things in the shop. I used to
have a big metal shelving unit near the workbench. When I needed to
fit another stationary tool in I pulled the workbench out from the
wall and stuck the shelving unit in there. I lost some working space
from the middle of the shop, but gained precious wall space.

When I started making my shop (in my basement, with about a 17' x 27'
footprint, minus annoying things like stairs, furnace, and lolly columns),
one of the first things I did was build a workbench. Nothing fancy, just
something banged together with 2x4's and plywood.

I figured I wanted a big surface, so I made it about 30" deep. This turned
out to be a mistake. Sure, it's nice to have an aircraft-carrier sized
space to work on, but it's so deep I can't comfortably reach the wall
behind it and I lose out on all that storage space. If I were planning it
all again, I'd go for a shallower bench.

I have a relatively low ceiling (about 7 feet). This really annoying
(especially when trying to store 8 foot panels!), but I do take advantage
of the space between the joists for storage. I store my bar clamps up
there, for example.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Dave Gordon" d@p wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

You only need working space for the tool that you are working with. Put
as much equipment around the perimeter of the room and put all heavy
machinery on mobile bases.

Assuming you have a smooth flat floor.

Relatively smooth, no make that as long as the dips and small holes are not
more than 1/4" deep. My garage floor is far from flat or smooth.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Sun, Sep 9, 2007, 4:29pm (EDT+5) d@p (Dave*Gordon) doth query:
Where do you keep the beer barrel?

No prob, I don't drink any more. Not good to drink in the shop
anyway.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
IBM punch card cabinets are the tits for screws, nuts and bolts,
tools, tooling etc etc

Heavy duty slides and drawers, each drawer is removed by simply
lifting it out and taking it to the work bench etc etc

Great inventions!

Gunner, 8 cabinets and looking for more.

Best freebie I ever had from work. These days only available from deceased
metalworkers though....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Put in a mezzanine. A small second floor that is for storage or the
shop office or something like that. Maybe just a large stack of sorted
boxes... Stuff that you can haul up and down. Maybe the desk...

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

My garage floor is all pitched towards a drain, so I cant get anything
leveled without support block.
In my 10x18 garage I have 2 toolboxes , two 4 drawer boxes, 36x18 shelves, 2
side cabinets, Radial arm saw, table saw, 30x72 workbench, 36x18 metal
cabinet, 17" drill press, 20" scroll saw, 11 drawers (that was for
workbenches) stacked on top of each other and 2 small tool carts, 28'
ladder, and I can still fit my car in. What I did for the bench was made it
pivot between 2 4x4's that go from ceiling to floor (with pegboard in
between the two 4x4's), when in use I prop it up with a 2x3, if I need to
move it, the legs and supports get wing nutted on. I had to figure out what
to do with the radial arm saw or table saw since one of them would get in
the way of the car to park in there, so what I figured out was the table saw
without legs was 13" tall so I thought why not make that pivot to. Yes its a
bit heavy to get propping up and to let it hang when not in use, but its
working out great for me, the stand can get bolted on easily when I need to
move it out. 4x8 sheets are behind the 2 tool boxes and radial arm saw. I
have the garage pretty much well packed, even wood hanging from the ceiling.
You just need a creative thinking cap.

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"Dave Gordon" d@p wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

You only need working space for the tool that you are working with. Put
as much equipment around the perimeter of the room and put all heavy
machinery on mobile bases.

Assuming you have a smooth flat floor.

Relatively smooth, no make that as long as the dips and small holes are
not more than 1/4" deep. My garage floor is far from flat or smooth.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:46:13 -0400, "noreaster"
noreaster1athotmaildotcom wrote:

[...]

Shrug...my "shop is a partially closed in 14x54 carport with a dirt
floor and a 24" slope from end to end.

With the exception of the HLV-H and the Gorton MasterMill..everything
else is on 2x4s or 4x4s with shims.

Gunner

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Dave Gordon" d@p wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

TMT

You only need working space for the tool that you are working with. Put
as much equipment around the perimeter of the room and put all heavy
machinery on mobile bases.

Assuming you have a smooth flat floor.

Relatively smooth, no make that as long as the dips and small holes are
not more than 1/4" deep. My garage floor is far from flat or smooth.

Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 September 9th 07 05:27 AM
Shop Fox Tools Marty K Woodworking 6 April 15th 07 12:38 AM
shop vac vs DC for small tools brianlanning Woodworking 10 February 28th 06 10:59 PM
Log too big for my shop tools ?!?! Mike Schwarz Woodworking 23 June 27th 05 09:07 AM
TOOLS! Great Holiday Gifts, selling a shop full of tools (AUBURN, WA pickup only): fred Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 07:25 AM