Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop

On Sep 9, 10:04 am, "Dave Gordon" d@p wrote:
....put all heavy machinery on mobile bases.
Assuming you have a smooth flat floor.

If not, just use bigger castors. I usually work outdoors with the
machines on a sloping, uneven asphalt driveway or the flatter ground
beside it. Any machine that requires side forces like a table saw has
retractable landing gear (see other post) and I kick shims under it to
stop wobble. The 4X6 bandsaw is on lawnmower wheels. I put rubber door
stop wedges under the casters to keep the welders from rolling and let
the heavier sheet metal machine stand rest against the tailgate of the
pickup truck.

jw