Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Milling Aluminum update

Wes wrote in :

When I roughed out my indicator base out of aluminum I pulled out my
little slipstick for speeds and for carbide tooling it it listed
surface speed per minute as max. My only concern was just how deep to
bury the inserted cutter.

I was milling some 6061 Friday, 13/16" 4-flute hss EM, well used Deckel
FP3, taking 20 mm depth of cut, 3 mm step over when climbing, 4 - 5 mm on
the conventional pass, 1250 rpm, 250 mm/min Feed. It wasn't complaining
too badly. When you get too heavy of a step-over on a deep cut, it will
start squalling.

--
Anthony

better idiots.