Gunner

Default BIG HOLE, NO BRAINS, NEED ANSWER

On Mon, 3 May 2004 19:17:28 +0000 (UTC), "Gummer02"
wrote:

"michael" wrote in message
Gummer wrote:

"michael" wrote in message
Gummer wrote:

The easiest way to cut large holes, is with a plasma cutter. Make a
simple
fixture into which the torch fits nicely, and which has a means of
adjustment for size of hole, and a means of centering. Then merely
adjust to
your hole size and cut hole.

Other methods will work, but this is the fastest and simplest way,

and
is
certainly better if you have to cut more than one or 2 holes.

Gummer

Of course! Almost everyone has a plasma cutter or two in their shop!

Colonel Wilhelm Klink

The fact that your workshop may well be pretty poorly equipped, doesnt

mean
everyone elses is the same surely?

Gummer

4 mills, 2 of which are cnc, 2 lathes, bandsaws, several grinders,

welders,
vibe deburring, a ****load of cutting tools, thousands of dollars in

inspection
tools, up to date cad/cam, bunches of misc stuff, and a dog, and a cat. If

need a plasma cutter, I go see my bud about a mile away. Poorly equipped

my
ass. Whatcha got besides a smartass mouth, dead brain?

General Nuisance

Seems strange that you dont have a plasma then, which for the money is one
of the most useful metalworking tools available!

Gummy

How well does it thread 316? btw..what sort of shaper do you have?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell