Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Pat Pat is offline

Default Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop

I agree with shelves and boxes except I use plastic boxes with lids and keep
them in a shed. Carry what I need to the shop.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

I did this one years ago.

Buy a set of metal shelves about 84"-90" H as wide as practical
(30"-36")

WW Grainger sell cardboard shelf boxes in bundles of 25.

You simply fold them to form a box.

They come in 2"-4"-6" widths and fit a standard 12" deep shelf.

A couple of Sharpies for labeling and you are good to go.

RULE 1:

Everything on that set of shelves MUST be in a shelf box.

RULE 2:

If in doubt, refer to RULE 1.

YMMV

Lew