Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Milling Aluminum update

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Since I bought this new one last year, we are still getting to know each
other. There are some things I don't like. It makes no noise, my old one
"spoke" to me. It has no character, I haven't found the "edge" yet. It
doesn't provoke the feeling of accomplishment when I finish an operation, it
just does the work and kind of says: "Ho-hum, is that the best you got?"
I had to learn how to make drawings differently with the DRO in mind. I had
to learn how to mill all over again as the new BP is absolutely perfect and
now an operation takes a quarter of the time so planning a milling session
is crucial to taking advantage of the increase in productivity.

We should have your problems

I've worked off of dials many time but never cared for it. DRO's are the
way to go.

I find baseline / ordinate dimensioning seems to work best. I bet the old
timers that used indicators and buttons liked a different dimensioning style
drawn by someone that understood their workflow.

Wes

Wes