Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 8, 4:10 am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Not letting the router spin down before moving it smartly into my jeans

and JUST missing my femoral artery.

I've got a nice crescent-moon shaped scar on my thigh from sitting on
the deck of my boat, grinding some new fiberglass work with an angle
grinder, and forgetting the "spin-down" part before setting it
down...which is not an uncommon accident among boatyard workers. I've
met several other guys with similar interesting scars.

Most of us only do it once, though! And before somebody leaps in
yakking about guards, you can't use a guard on a grinder when flat-
grinding glasswork. It's impossible.

More than a few fall off ladders in boatyards, as well. Everybody
gets confident about their ability to climb one-handed (or no-handed)
while carrying heavy tools or awkward parts. Most of the time, it
works, too...

It only needs to not-work once though.