Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 8, 4:52 pm, Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

A very predictable accident:
Elderly man has free-standing scaffolding 10 feet high. Puts ladder on
scaffolding plank and leans it on the side of a house and climbs
ladder.
The base of the ladder pushes the scaffolding sideways. Elderly man
falls on to pile of bricks on ground where he put them.
He survived OK.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 8, 12:52?am, Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

my old neighbor wanted to put in a new bathroom floor, finding loose
boards he accidently rain a nail thru a water line. bringing down his
kitchen cieling

so he decided car repairs would be better, removed the air cleaner,
gunned the engine, metal air cleaner assembly fell into fan went thru
radiator new fan, radiator, and air cleaner assembly his wife
decided he shouldnt fix anything.

he actually was relieved.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Serious, sobering stuff...

http://www.amgron.clara.net/circular.../accidents.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken kirjoitti:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

I have heard this one from a man who saw this happen in his yard in the
60´s.

A man had a homemade circle saw, (diam about 1,5 meters) with a
hydraulic table to move the log back and forth. He and his son run a
service to cut the timber of the customer so the machine was movable.

The father was operating the machine and the son was at the other end
piling up the ready cut timber.

The hydraulic table got stuck because of a piece of wood. The father
leaned over the table to remove the jammed piece. His hand touched the
lever switch that operated the table move. He fell over the sawtable,
was driven to the blade and was cut in two pieces. The bodypieces of
the father fell in front of the son who was shocked. An ampulance came
to pick up the son. The crew of the ambulance were also shocked and were
unable to do anything to the body of the father so my friend had to
collect the bodypieces in a plastic bag. He had been in WWII in the
russian front and seen all.

Later in the investigation was foud that the lockspring of the operating
lever had been broken and missing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 04:52:53 UTC, Ken wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Let's guess...you're researching for another of these dumbed-down,
sensationalist TV programmes?

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 21:52:53 -0700, Ken
wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

The guy who owned the house two doors over from me was going to paint
his house himself. He first decided to do a bang up A-number one job
of stripping the old paint by blistering it with a torch and scrapping
it to the bare wood.

So I am sitting in my den with the windows open when this big cloud of
thick smoke blows past, I go "wtf was that?", and step outside to
see............ta da.......he has set his house on fire and the roof
is fully engulfed.
Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken wrote

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman
or handywoman accidents that you've experienced so far
(or someone you know, or saw it happen to, got to experience)
and please elaborate on what unfortunately went wrong.

This has just happened in my town, to people known to me.

The first one was a classic agricultural accident, the individual
was wearing a coat that got caught in the tractor PTO shaft.
By himself, not much left except mangled remains.

Then at the wake, another was silly enough to climb the
TV tower because the antenna wasnt working properly.
The tower collapsed and he was killed in the process.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

This happened to my boss some years ago ...

Ladder up against the house; leaned over too far and ladder slid; he fell.

Then the worst part ... he landed on a picket fence and drove a picket up
through his chin and out his mouth. He survived and was back at work
in a week or two, though his face looked pretty gruesome for quite awhile.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Not letting the router spin down before moving it smartly into my jeans
and JUST missing my femoral artery.

Lighting bonfire with petrol, from a distance if 15 feet on a hot still
day, intending to throw the ball of lit paper at the fire from a sfae
distance.

Petrol vapour travels a long way at ground level.

My then Irish neighbour who called the fire brigade and the ambulance,
claimed that HE knew of a man who picked up a small rotary lawnmower by
the cutting deck in order to use it as a hedge trimmer.. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
al al is offline

I posted a question earlier about the feasibility of using two step
ladders and a board for scaffolding... I think I've changed my mind
about trying that

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"al" wrote in message
ups.com...
I posted a question earlier about the feasibility of using two step
ladders and a board for scaffolding... I think I've changed my mind
about trying that

I missed your question, but I've done that many times. I don't recommend it
unless you're really careful. On most surfaces you'll still want to either:
1) nail a brace to the wall you're working on, C-clamped or whatever to one
or both of the stepladders; or 2) prop the stepladders with a long 2 x 4
from behind. I put a stake in the ground, nail the 2 x 4 to it, and clamp
the 2 x 4 to the stepladder. I use two braces, one to each stepladder.

Using stepladders that way has long been a way to set up a low scaffold, but
you'd better have good balance and not try to get too high with it. It does
work, however. Using the braces slows the whole process down. It's a
question of how you feel about broken bones.

I've also built homemade scaffolds and it's a real PITA, in my opinion. I
use 2 x 4s for the verticals and 1" electrical conduit for diagonals. Never
count on those diagonals to handle compressive loads; use two, crossbraced,
so the load is always in tension.

The slickest solution I've used is two regular ladders with ladder hooks for
a scaffold plank. I'll go up about ten feet with that, but no higher. Again,
you want to nail a brace to the wall. Use a short plank or else make sure
you're using genuine scaffold plank, which is undressed and thicker than
framing planks.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"JP Sipponen" wrote in message
news
Ken kirjoitti:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

A guy a few blocks over was painting the outside of his house from a ladder.
The ladder fell over while he was on it and he fell into a window. In the
process he nearly completely severed both arms... Moral of that story is
don't set up your ladder on uneven ground without a means to steadily level
it.

Years ago my wife's uncle was building his home. He was using a circular saw
to cut up a piece of plywood supported on saw horses. His young son was
playing and went under the plywood... took the saw blade in the head. Cut
through skull... fortunately not deeply. Left him with relatively minor
brain damage. Moral of that story is keep the kids away from you while you
are working.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

Bob Eager wrote:

Let's guess...you're researching for another of these dumbed-down,
sensationalist TV programmes?

Hmmm... Researcher of some kind ;-)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author%3Alavrulr111%40hotmail.com

Good topic, but which ones are the real DIY stories? ;-)

However, for those who haven't seen it before we must nonetheless
highlight the expanding foam story in this crosspost.

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

--
Adrian C
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

My then Irish neighbour who called the fire brigade and the ambulance,
claimed that HE knew of a man who picked up a small rotary lawnmower by
the cutting deck in order to use it as a hedge trimmer.. ;-)

When I was in school in the early 80's, I had a friend who had a
job entering consumer product lawsuits into a database that was
to be used as part of a research project. It was amazing reading
some of these lawsuit summaries. Using a lawnmower as a hedge
trimmer is actually a fairly common thing. A few beers beforehand
always seems to make it look like a better idea. In the case
that I read, the person got hurt badly. He sued the lawnmower
manufacture and won some big money. The court ruled that the
company was at fault because they didn't have any labels on the
mower or any text in the owners manual that specifically said
to not do that. That was said as if someone dumb enough to do
such a thing would either read the manual or take the advice
of a warning label.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com

Neighbor was painting slipped off the ladder, fell about 10 feet, hit his
hips on a clothes dryer bounced off then hit almost head first onto a
concrete floor. He's back on his feet today but it took a while.

Uncle was cutting plywood with a circular saw using his hand to support the
plywood. Lost his pinky.

Brother-in-law using radial arm saw to cut a too short board. Took off tip
of thumb.
3a Same BiL was repairing barn roof. Using chainsaw to trim overhang. .
..while standing with one foot on roof, one foot on over hang and chainsaw
cutting between his legs. Think 3 Stooges. Nothing but bruised pride.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

John A. Weeks III wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

My then Irish neighbour who called the fire brigade and the ambulance,
claimed that HE knew of a man who picked up a small rotary lawnmower by
the cutting deck in order to use it as a hedge trimmer.. ;-)

When I was in school in the early 80's, I had a friend who had a
job entering consumer product lawsuits into a database that was
to be used as part of a research project.

I remeber protyping a medical databaase with test data.

I chose random numbers.

Imagine my surprise when one of my test injuries was a 'sprain' to area
'gentials' :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Hired a college boy for the summer to help roof. Gave him a 100' tape
and told him to measure the ridgeline on a 2 story house. Next thing I
know he is laying in the bushes at the end of the house. He had hooked
the tape to the gable end and started walking backwards. You can guess
the rest....

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Imagine my surprise when one of my test injuries was a 'sprain' to area
'gentials' :-)

I have that happen a lot... (g)
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far

I've had small cuts on my fingers a few times. Otherwise, being careful has
worked for the best part of half a century since I started doing DIY.

Colin Bignell

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

Adrian C wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:

Let's guess...you're researching for another of these dumbed-down,
sensationalist TV programmes?

Hmmm... Researcher of some kind ;-)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author%3Alavrulr111%40hotmail.com

Good topic, but which ones are the real DIY stories? ;-)

However, for those who haven't seen it before we must nonetheless
highlight the expanding foam story in this crosspost.

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

That just has to be the funniest thing I've ever read :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
ron ron is offline

Everyone I know always pokes fun at me for my attention to detail and
safety. Stupid accidents will never happen to me.

That is until one night when I had a rush job, doing something I had done a
hundered times. I was too tired to be out in my shop and was too stressed
from a rough day at work. I was doing repetitive cuts on a project and I ran
my left hand over my table saw blade.

As I said I was too tired, I failed to reset the blade height and for the
first time that I can remember, I did not use a push stick.

I cut my middle finger just where it attached to my hand, severed my index
finger and my thumb right at the knuckle.

It was about a thirty minute ride to the emergency room, with my finger in a
bag of ice, and then another fourty five minute ambulance ride to St. Lukes
Hospital in Houston.

The finger and thumb were reattached and are mostly useable. They do serve
as constant reminders to never take any tools for granted.

Oh by the way, I do still jump a little when I hear my table saw start.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Bob Bob is offline

On Sep 8, 4:10 am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Not letting the router spin down before moving it smartly into my jeans

and JUST missing my femoral artery.

I've got a nice crescent-moon shaped scar on my thigh from sitting on
the deck of my boat, grinding some new fiberglass work with an angle
grinder, and forgetting the "spin-down" part before setting it
down...which is not an uncommon accident among boatyard workers. I've
met several other guys with similar interesting scars.

Most of us only do it once, though! And before somebody leaps in
yakking about guards, you can't use a guard on a grinder when flat-
grinding glasswork. It's impossible.

More than a few fall off ladders in boatyards, as well. Everybody
gets confident about their ability to climb one-handed (or no-handed)
while carrying heavy tools or awkward parts. Most of the time, it
works, too...

Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

friend of mine was on tractor and his wife, who had long hair, was behind
guiding post-hole digger. her hair got wrapped around mechanism and
partially tore out part of her scalp.
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Ken wrote

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman
or handywoman accidents that you've experienced so far
(or someone you know, or saw it happen to, got to experience)
and please elaborate on what unfortunately went wrong.

This has just happened in my town, to people known to me.

The first one was a classic agricultural accident, the individual
was wearing a coat that got caught in the tractor PTO shaft.
By himself, not much left except mangled remains.

Then at the wake, another was silly enough to climb the
TV tower because the antenna wasnt working properly.
The tower collapsed and he was killed in the process.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In article tPBEi.2171$Ot1.929@trnddc07,
"newman" wrote:

friend of mine was on tractor and his wife, who had long hair, was behind
guiding post-hole digger. her hair got wrapped around mechanism and
partially tore out part of her scalp.

Whoa, that made my remaining hair stand up. Several years ago, I was
doing a long rip with a circular saw and noticed that a few long hairs
were bouncing off the blade. Only a few hairs had come untied and none
got caught by the blade, but it scared the **** out of me and so that
was the last day I ever had long hair (not that I could anyway lately).

PDX David

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Ken" wrote in message
oups.com...
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

You don't need all sorts of high tech camping accessories to start a fire if
you run out of matches.

Brought home a new plunge router and decided to play with it on some scrap
wood in the garage. In the manual, I got as far as a page where it described
which direction the router should be moved for certain types of work.
Figured these were just fine points to be concerned with later.

Turns out a router in the hands of an amateur will toss burning bits of wood
for quite a distance. Some of those chips will be smart enough to land in
the kindling box, or on plastic web chairs. :-) Fortunately, the fire
extinguisher was just a few feet away.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In message .com, Ken
writes
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Tosser x-posted to numerous DIY related Ngroups

He accidentally fell into the north sea with his feet encased in
concrete

How we did laff ...

--
geoff
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

my best friend took my advice and those of his family and added a
railing to his porch steps. he welded pipe in place then stepped back
to admire hs job, feel off the steps and broke a rib while flatening
some new porch furniture.....

he noted this was the first time anyone had fallen on their steps.....

he finished the railings a month or two later.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 8 Sep, 05:52, Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

This one really shook me up.

I was using a Paslode (gas) nail gun on some decking. I had to hold a
small piece of timber against the side of joist, in order to nail it
with the gun. I was working kneeling downwards, a bit uncomfortable,
with the gun horizontal in a bit of a confined space. Basically doing
everything wrong.

I fired the gun, and the nail went in. But in a split second the gun
recoiled, and as I was pushing it against the timber it went forward
and across slightly and the tip squashed hard against my index
finger.

This happened so quickly that I really thought I had shot through my
finger.

The pain was intense, as was that feeling of sickness in my stomach
and light headedness at the thought of having no finger.

When Iooked, my finger tip was bloody and cut but in one piece.

But it was a lesson for me to have greater respect for tools.

dg

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"dg" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 8 Sep, 05:52, Ken wrote:
[...]

At first I didn't like this thread. But your last sentence sums up my
realization that it might help me to avoid an accident I never want to have.
Everybody here has probably said at some point, in hindsight, "gosh, that
(thing I did) was really stupid".

To safety---cheers!

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It only needs to not-work once though.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Wearing school uniform in the UK equivalent of Workshop 101. Got my tie wrapped round the lathe, and
it was too short for me to reach the kill switch.
After that we could take our ties off in the workshop.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 22:47:23 UTC, "Dave Gordon" d@p wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Don't really want to feed this journalist/'researcher' but..

(a not uncommon scenario)

I worked in a large garage for a couple of summers. Guy fiddling around
under dashboard of car. Wearing watch with stainless steel bracelet.
Yes...shorted heavy 12 volt cable to car body via bracelet. Lots of
current and heat.

I wear a loose, thin stainless steel chain on one wrist. Take it off
when working inside PCs, on cars, near batteries, etc...

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In message . com, dg
writes
This happened so quickly that I really thought I had shot through my
finger.
The pain was intense, as was that feeling of sickness in my stomach
and light headedness at the thought of having no finger.
When Iooked, my finger tip was bloody and cut but in one piece.
But it was a lesson for me to have greater respect for tools.
dg

Somewhat related, but not altogether DIY.
My mother had to call in the vet to put her horse down, he was about 20
years old, the horse not the vet and was not too well with no chance of
improvement. So as not to confuse him too much the act was going to be
performed in front of his stable which is at the end of a 100yd private
road way. The horse was being led down the drive by my mother and the
vet was walking along behind carrying the humane killer, a cartridge gun
that fires a captive bolt. Very similar to a nail gun and has the same
sort of safety lock, it has to be pressed against a surface before it
will fire.

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother and horse turn around to see the vet on his knees holding both,
bloody, hands to his chest and not looking at all well.

What he had done was to walk along swinging his arms from side to side
while holding the humane killer. At some point the end of the killer had
hit the free hand and some how he managed to pull the trigger as well
putting the bolt through his hand.
Not as bad as it first appeared but no doubt painful and embarrassing
all the same.

Allegedly the horse had a smile on his face, but not for long.
--
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 7, 11:52 pm, Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

December 4th 1994, I went on my roof to string Christmas lights and
clean the gutters. The weather ws OK, no snow, but by the time I was
done it had been snowing for about 20 minutes. The ladder was against
the eve gutter, only one story, and bottomn of ladder on the
driveway. When I put my weight on the ladder, ice had built up under
the ladder feet, I went down. My fall was broken mostly by my left
hand. As I pushed myself up off the driveway, I felt a burning
sensation on palm side of my wrist. I looked down and BOTH arm bones
were protruding from the wrist and the tendons had pulled my "no
longer attached" hand up my forearm a few inches. I was rushed to
hospital and the next day underwent a 12 hour reconstructive surgery
to reattach hand, reposition the nerves so they could grow again, and
tendons. It was paralized for about 4 months before the main nerves
began to talk again, and about 8 years to stop healing fully. Today I
have 85 percent of my normal range of motion.

The worst part is that I was a jass guitarist, and a damn good one. I
began playing guitar again in 2005 after 10 years, I've learned to
hold it differently to compensate, but now there is little time for
gigging as I have a family. I'm just grateful to play again.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

On Sep 8, 7:27 pm, RickH wrote:
On Sep 7, 11:52 pm, Ken wrote:

[...]

Typo, I meant jazz guitarist (not jass).

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

"newman" wrote:

friend of mine was on tractor and his wife, who had long hair, was behind
guiding post-hole digger. her hair got wrapped around mechanism and
partially tore out part of her scalp.

Whoa, that made my remaining hair stand up. Several years ago, I was
doing a long rip with a circular saw and noticed that a few long hairs
were bouncing off the blade. Only a few hairs had come untied and none
got caught by the blade, but it scared the **** out of me and so that
was the last day I ever had long hair (not that I could anyway lately).

PDX David

Second son was working under his pickup when I came home from yard
saleing with a mechanics creeper, so I told him "here try this" and
left for another area of town. All went well at first, his pony tail
well secured; then he had to move a little to one side. I don't know
the fine details, but about an hour latter he was out from under the
truck.
Now he has a 1/2' brush cut.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
CJT CJT is offline

dg wrote:

On 8 Sep, 05:52, Ken wrote:

[...]

I shot a staple through my finger once. That was bad enough. I think
I know the feeling you describe.

Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

In message . com, RickH
writes

[...]