Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseen so far ?

Ken wrote:
What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

Not letting the router spin down before moving it smartly into my jeans
and JUST missing my femoral artery.

Lighting bonfire with petrol, from a distance if 15 feet on a hot still
day, intending to throw the ball of lit paper at the fire from a sfae
distance.

Petrol vapour travels a long way at ground level.

My then Irish neighbour who called the fire brigade and the ambulance,
claimed that HE knew of a man who picked up a small rotary lawnmower by
the cutting deck in order to use it as a hedge trimmer.. ;-)