Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
dav1936531 dav1936531 is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 21:52:53 -0700, Ken
wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

The guy who owned the house two doors over from me was going to paint
his house himself. He first decided to do a bang up A-number one job
of stripping the old paint by blistering it with a torch and scrapping
it to the bare wood.

So I am sitting in my den with the windows open when this big cloud of
thick smoke blows past, I go "wtf was that?", and step outside to
see............ta da.......he has set his house on fire and the roof
is fully engulfed.
Dave