Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Water heaters

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:17:19 -0400, Jim wrote:

Since I'm faced with the strong prospect of replacing my failing water
heater I'm curious to learn what others think of the tankless variety
compared to the contemporary water heater tanks. Single homeowner not
having to deal with others showering, etc. Might be inclined to use the
shower while a clothes or dishwasher were operating though.

Although I'm leaning towards gas fired, electric could be considered as
an option if cost effective.

From what I've read here tankless heaters aren't held in high regards.

If the unit is installed by hacks, that's normally the case.

However, tankless heaters (if sized and installed properly) will offer the
OP a very reasonable operational cost.