Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Water heaters

On Sep 7, 5:35 pm, "Telstra" wrote:
Gas fired water heaters now offer a proportional
control which regulates the gas flow in proportion
to the hot water demand. these are economical and
can compensate for varying demand."Jim" wrote in message

Since I'm faced with the strong prospect of replacing my failing water
heater I'm curious to learn what others think of the tankless variety
compared to the contemporary water heater tanks. Single homeowner not
having to deal with others showering, etc. Might be inclined to use the
shower while a clothes or dishwasher were operating though.

Although I'm leaning towards gas fired, electric could be considered as
an option if cost effective.- Hide quoted text -

A single user can easily save 20-40% with Ng tankless, i do , I have a
Bosch. Takagi, Rinnai and Bosch are good brands. The large Bosch is
made by Takagi. The only drawback and you learn to live with it is at
under 1/2 gal flow it wont kick on. Tankless are great, your negative
Tankless dont loose efficiency every year as tank do, from sedament
buildup. On a 500$ Bosch I am getting a 4 yr payback, and that is at
gas prices 4 yrs ago.