Posted to alt.home.repair
claude claude is offline

Default Ceramic Tile Removal SOS!!!

Been there, done that and got the T-shirt. it was amazingly easy. I used a 2
lb hammer and some cold chisels. If it all comes off clean, no sweat. If you
find you ave dammaged some areas of the cement just fill in and do a skim
coat of thinset then the next day tile as you would normally tile.

"charlie" wrote in message

"WalkingMan" wrote in message
ups.com...
My son is replacing the ceramic tile in his shower. He has removed
and is replacing the wall tiles now, but problems with the floor of
the shower, they are original to the house about 20 years old and on a
concrete base.

Should he try to remove the grout and try to chip each one out?, start
from an edge? cover the old tiles and tile over raising the drain
cover? OR WHAT?????

Thanks much

Marshel OShields

electric chipping hammer drill. wear ear and eye protection.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts