Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default A question for the group

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:40:58 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Rich Grise writes:
[someone else wrote]
if one would add submicron parts and things made with EDM machines... These
are impossible to make by hand. One example part is made near me. A computer
hard disk is a bit like the old phonograph player. The arm and pickup for
the disks is called a suspension assembly. A thousand men in a thousand
years couldn't make one of these by hand.

The ones (flying head arms) I've seen could have been,

... but gluing on the magnetic media by hand on to the platter is a real bitch....

What glue? You paint it on. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich