Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Cats and gravel

In article , Andy Hall
scribeth thus
On 2007-09-07 09:46:19 +0100, tony sayer said:

In article , The Medway
Handyman scribeth thus
Dark Angel wrote:
OK, i recently gravelled a section of my front yard using 10mm pea
gravel, and since then every cat in the neighbourhood has been using
it as its personal litter tray.

I was wondering, would putting down 20mm gravel in its place solve the
problem? As its larger they cant paw it over so well.

Anyone had any experience with this?

I've got 20mm gravel on my front harden & drive and find the odd poo there,
but I'm not convinced its just cats - we have urban foxes. Are they likely
to crap the same as cats do?

I saw one t'other night & lobbed a handful of gravel at it, most of which
made contact - haven't seen it since.

20mm gravel is a better missile :-)

We've now got Deer turning up in our front garden sometimes lovely
creatures and very timid, all due to the guided busway works across the
way from here disturbing them!....

What's a guided busway?

This wondrous contraption which is supposed to sort out a lot of public
transport ill's in the area.

Has the sobriquet "misguided bus"....

http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/guided/
--