Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Fred Fred is offline

Default Forward converter operating at 1/2 frequency? (Sort of...)

Joerg,

I started looking at capacitors again to figure out just why they were
chosen so high, and it's apparent to me now that it was driven by
priorities in the following order:

1) Lifetime -- the longer, the better (this project has absurd
temperature extremes, and after you choose a particular "line" of
capacitors, it seems that it's pretty much case size alone that
determines life... the 1000uF caps I'm using are 7000 hours rated @
105C, and I really sort of wish I could find comparable 10000 hour
units.)
2) ESR
3) Capacitance
4) Price :-)

So... I'll keep looking... so far I haven't found anything that comes
close to 7000 hours while still maintaining a decent (100mOhm, say)
ESR.

Have a look at Sanyo OSCONs.

---Joel