Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Cats and gravel

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:34:27 GMT, Martyn Pollard
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:42:08 +0100, Mark wrote:

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/cat...sp#product1377

(I don't know the company BTW).

Found an interesting link on that page
http://www.ssscat.com/english/index.html
I was sceptical about those spray deterrents but just look at the cat in
those videos!

I bet the kids love it too ;-)

I use the ultrasonic scarers and they do seem to work, but you need a few
of them to overlap coverage for a larger area. For the first few days the
cats didn't seem to care about the noise - one even sat near it! It took a
couple of weeks for them to get the message. Haven't found any presents on
the lawn since then so perhaps they like to do their business in peace and
quiet? The ones I bought were from ebay for about £16 each. Worth buying
the power adaptor too as they get through two PP3s every couple of months.

However the scarers do have the (un?)wanted side effect that all the kids
in the area can also hear them...

And dogs? I wonder if it scares away desriable wildlife too?