Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Cats and gravel

On 2007-09-06 20:37:55 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Dark Angel wrote:
OK, i recently gravelled a section of my front yard using 10mm pea
gravel, and since then every cat in the neighbourhood has been using
it as its personal litter tray.

I was wondering, would putting down 20mm gravel in its place solve the
problem? As its larger they cant paw it over so well.

Anyone had any experience with this?

I've got 20mm gravel on my front harden & drive and find the odd poo there,
but I'm not convinced its just cats - we have urban foxes. Are they likely
to crap the same as cats do?

They do crap, yes.

As to the size of the Richards, it depends on the size of the animal.
I've seen small foxes and there are certainly large cats.